BiOS Licensed Patents Inventory
The technology covered by these patent documents is available for non-exclusive use by any entity that agrees to and conforms to the terms of a BiOS License.
A BiOS license allows both research and commercial use, and potential sharing of improvements among all licensees.
The BiOS license further allows licensees to use improvements and requires non-assertion of intellectual property covering improvements used by other licensees. Use of associated materials and knowhow is made available under an associated BiOS Technology Support Agreement, which sets voluntary contribution fees for users.
- Biological Gene Transfer System for Eukaryotic Cells (TransBacter™) This invention relates generally to technologies for the transfer of nucleic acids molecules to eukaryotic cells. In particular non-pathogenic species of bacteria that interact with plant cells are used to transfer nucleic acid sequences. The bacteria for transforming plants usually contain binary vectors, such as a plasmid with a vir region of a Ti plasmid and a plasmid with a T region containing a DNA sequence of interest. Published in the United States as US 2005/0289672 and US 2005/0289667, and as PCT Publication WO 2006/004914, and as European Patent Application EP 1781082 and as application number 200580029146.8 in China. More information about TransBacter
Microbial genes for secreted β-glucuronidases, gene products and
uses thereof (GUSPlus™)
- Modified glucuronidase genes from
- and glucuronidase genes from other microbes which encode forms of
β-glucuronidase with different properties,
- secreted forms, are provided. These genes and the proteins they encode may
be used as effectors in transformation of plant cells, and for other uses in
plant biotechnology. Animal and health applications may also be made available.
Issued in the United States as Patent Numbers
- ; soon to be issued are US 7,087,420 and European Patent
- . Further applications are pending in the United States (see
- ). Issued in Australia as Patent Number
- . Issued in New Zealand as Patent Number 1485. An application published as
- is pending in Australia (see AU 760275), Canada, and Europe. An application
- is pending in Brazil, Canada, and Israel.
Fungal β-glucuronidase Genes and Gene Products
- Nucleic acid sequences, gene products, expression vectors and host cells
suitable for expressing β-glucuronidase are provided. In addition, uses of the
β-glucuronidase as a visual and as a selectable marker for transformation are
also described. Issued in the United States as US Patent 7,148,407. Also
Vertebrate Telomerase and Splice Variants
- These patents were filed at nearly the same time as patents held by Geron,
but cover the splice variants the Geron patents do not. Issued in the United
- , in Korea as Patent 581990, and applications pending as
- , Australia 748,442, NZ 501,962, Brasil P19810643-0, Canada 2,294,792, China
98808383.3, EP 04026579.5, HK 01101501.9, Israel 133830, Japan 11-508771, Mexico
- . These will be available under a
- , which allows both research and commercial use. Contact
- for more information.