Cambia means change.Cambia is an independent non-profit institute creating new technologies, tools and paradigms to promote change and enable innovation.
Papers and Publications
- Jefferson R (2007) Science as Social Enterprise: The CAMBIA BiOS Initiative. Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization Fall 2006, Vol. 1, No. 4: 13-44. Download this paper (info)
- Connett Porceddu MB, Bacon N, Ashton D, Baillie B, dos Remedios N, Wei Y, Jefferson RA(2007) Constructive Approaches to Intellectual Property Complexity in Today’s Agricultural Technology World. (2007) Plant Molecular Breeding Vol. 5 No. 2:294-295. Read Abstract (info)
- Brand L, Hörler M, Nüesch E, Vassalli S, Barrell P, Yang W, Jefferson RA, Grossniklaus U, Curtis MD. (2006) A Versatile and Reliable Two-component System for Tissue-specific Gene Induction in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiology 141:1194-1204. (Abstract).
- Connett-Porceddu M, Tranh T, Jefferson R, Kilian A (2006) Transactivation Lines in Rice: Evaluation of Insertional Mutants and Development of Effective Transactivator Platform for FTO and Co-ordinate Gene Expression. Rural Industries Research and Development Corporation published report. Download this paper (info)
- Yang S, Pang W, Ash G, Harper J, Carling J, Wenzl P, Huttner E, Zong X, Kilian A (2006) Low level of genetic diversity in cultivated Pigeonpea compared to its wild relatives is revealed by diversity arrays technology. Theor Appl Genet. 113(4): 585-95. (Abstract).
- Broothaerts W, Mitchell H J, Weir B, Kaines S, Smith L M A, Yang W, Mayer J E, Roa-Rodriguez C, Jefferson R A (2005) Gene transfer to plants by diverse species of bacteria, Nature 433:629-633. Download this paper (info)
- Connett-Porceddu, Marie, Ashton DE, Bacon N, dos Remedios N, Nottenburg C, Okada S, Quinn G, Wei Y and Jefferson RA (2005) Analysis of Trends in Search and Retrieval of Intellectual Property-Related Information, IP Australia. Download this paper (info)
- Connett-Porceddu, Marie, Ashton DE, Bacon N (2005) Aspects of Search and Retrieval of Trademark and Plant Variety Rights Information, IP Australia. Download this paper (info)
- Liang W, Wilson K, Xie H, Knol J, Suzuki S, Rutherford N G, Henderson P, Jefferson R A (2005) The gusBC Genes of Escherichia coli Encode a Glucuronide Transport System, Journal of Bacteriology 187(7):2377-2385. Download this paper (info)
- Wenzl P, Wong L, Kwang-won K, Jefferson RA (2005) A Functional Screen Identifies Lateral Transfer of ß-Glucuronidase (gus) from Bacteria to Fungi, Molecular Biology and Evolution 22(2):308–316. Download this paper (info)
- Wittenberg A, van der Lee T, Cayla C, Kilian A, Visser R and Schouten H, (2005) Validation of the high-throughput marker technology DArT using the model plant Arabidopsis thaliana Molecular Genetics and Genomics 274(1): 30-39
- Yang W, Jefferson R A, Huttner E, Moore J M, Gagliano W B, Grossniklaus U (2005) An Egg Apparatus-Specific Enhancer of Arabidopsis, Identified by Enhancer Detection, Plant Physiology 139:1421-1432. Download this paper
- Connett Porceddu M, Jefferson R A (2004) Fostering Democratic Innovation as a Means of Reducing the 10/90 Gap in Health. Global Forum 8 on Health Research to meet the Millenium Development Goals, Mexico City. Download this paper (info) or go to the Global Forum Health website
- Connett Porceddu M (2004) Intellectual Property and Promoting R&D for the Public Interest in the Asian Region: Inclusionary and Distributive Innovation System Options. UNCTAD / ICTSD Regional Dialogue “Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs), Innovation and Sustainable Development”, Hong Kong, SAR, People’s Republic of China. Download this paper (info)
- Heller-Uszynska K, Kilian A (2004) Microarray TRAP--a high-throughput assay to quantitate telomerase activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 15;323(2):465-72. Download this paper (info)
- Mayer J G, (2003) Intellectual property rights and access to agbiotech by developing countries, AgBiotechNet Vol 5, ABN 108. Download this paper (info)
- Nottenburg C, Pardey P G, Wright B D (2003) South-North trade, intellectual property jurisdictions, and freedom to operate in agricultural research on staple crops, Economic Development and Cultural Change 51: 309-336, University of Chicago Press. Download this paper (info)
- Wu C, Li X, Yua W, Chen G, Kilian A, Li J, Xu C, Li X, Zhou D-X, Wang S, Zhang Q (2003) Development of enhancer trap lines for functional analysis of the rice genome. Plant J. 35: 418-427.
- Brueggeman R, Rostoks N, Kudrna D, Kilian A, Han F, Chen J, Druka A, Steffenson B and Kleinhofs A (2002) The barley stem rust-resistance gene Rpg1 is a novel disease-resistance gene with homology to receptor kinases. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 99,9328-9333.
- Heller-Uszynska K, Schnippenkoetter W, Kilian A (2002) Cloning and characterization of rice (Oryza sativa L) telomerase reverse transcriptase, which reveals complex splicing patterns. The Plant Journal 31(1): 75-86.
- Nottenburg C, Pardey P G, Wright B D (2002) Accessing other people's technology for non-profit research, Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics 46(3): 389-416. Download this paper (info)
- Jaccoud D, Peng K, Feinstein D, Kilian A (2001) Diversity Arrays: a solid state technology for sequence information independent genotyping. Nucleic Acids Research 29(4): 25-31. Download this paper (info)
- Jefferson R A (2001) "Transcending Transgenics - Are there "Babies in the Bathwater," or is that a Dorsal Fin? The Future of Food: Biotechnology Markets and Policies in an International Setting. Ed. P.G.Pardey. Washington, D.C.: John Hopkins Press, 2001. pp. 75-95. Download this paper (info)
- Nugroho S, Jefferson RA (2001) The Identification of Rice Oryza sativa GSK-3-Related Protein Kinase Gene Family using the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae Meiotic Regulatory Gene RIM11 as probe. Annales Bogorienses n.s. 7: 39-55.
- Wilson K J, Parra A, Botero L (1999) Application of the GUS marker gene technique to high-throughput screening of rhizobial competition. Canadian Journal of Microbiology 45(8): 678-685. Download this paper (info)
- Kilian A, Heller K, Kleinhofs A (1998) Developmental patterns of telomerase activity in barley and maize. Plant Molecular Biology 37(4): 621-8. Download this paper (info)
- Sessitsch A, Hardarson G, de Vos W, Wilson K J (1998) Use of marker genes in competition studies of Rhizobium. Plant and Soil 204: 35-45. Download this paper (info)
- Kilian A, Bowtell D, Abud H E, Hime G R, Venter D J, Keese P K, Duncan E L, Reddel R R, Jefferson R A (1997) Isolation of a candidate human telomerase catalytic subunit gene which reveals complex splicing patterns in different cell types, Human Molecular Genetics 6(12): 2011-2019. Download this paper (info)
- Heller K, Kilian A, Piatyszek M A, Kleinhofs A (1996) Telomerase activity in plant extracts. Mol. Gen. Genet. 252:342-345. Download this paper (info)
- Jefferson R A, Bicknell R (1996) The potential impacts of apomixis: A molecular genetics approach. In: The Impact of Plant Molecular Genetics. B.W.S. Sobral (ed)., pp. 87-101, Birkhäuser, Boston. Download this paper (info)
- Sessitch A, Wilson K J, Akkermans A D L, de Vos W M (1996) Simultaneous detection of different Rhizobium strains marked with either the Escherichia coli gusA gene or the Pyrococcus furiosus celB gene. App. Env. Microbiol 62: 4191-4194. Download this paper (info)
- Wilson K J (1995) Molecular Techniques for the study of Rhizobial Ecology in the Field. Soil Biol. Biochem. 27: 501-514.
- Wilson K J (1995) Diversity of Rhizobia nodulating Phaseolus vulgaris L. in two Kenyan soils with contrasting pHs. App. Env. Mircrobiol 61: 4016-4021.
- Wilson KJ (1995) The GUS marker system for studying rhizobial competition: detection of inoculant strains by color coding. BNF Bulletin, XIII 1: 4-5.
- Wilson K J, Peoples M B, Jefferson R A (1995) New techniques for studying competition by Rhizobia and for assessing nitrogen fixation in the field. Plant and Soil 174: 241-253.
- Wilson K J, Sessitsch A, Corbo J C, Giller K E, Akkermans A D L, Jefferson R A (1995) β-Glucuronidase (GUS) transposons for ecological and genetic studies of rhizobia and other Gram-negative bacteria. Microbiology 141: 1691-1705.
- Jefferson R A (1994) Apomixis: A social revolution for agriculture?, Biotechnology and Development Monitor 19:14-16. Download this paper (info)
- Giller K, Anyango B, Beynon J, Wilson K J (1994) The origin and diversity of rhizobia nodulating Phaseolus vulgaris L in African soils. Advances in Legume Systematics 5: The Nitrogen Factor, 57-62. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
- Jefferson R A (1993) Agricultural Biotechnology, by whom and for whom? Biotechnology and Development Monitor 14: 24.
- Jefferson R A (1993) Beyond Model Systems: New Strategies, Methods, and Mechanisms for Agricultural Research. Biotechnology R & D Trends, Volume 700 of the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, December 21, 1993. pp 53-73. Download this paper (info)
- Jefferson R A (1992) The GUS Fusion System: Summary and Future Perspectives in "GUS Protocols: Using the GUS Gene as a Reporter of Gene Expression". ed. S. Gallagher. Academic Press, New York.
- Wilson K J, Hughes S G and Jefferson R A (1992) The Escherichia Coli GUS Operon: Induction and Expression of the GUS Operon in E. Coli and the Occurrence and use of the GUS Operon in Other Bacteria. in 'GUS Protocols: Using the GUS Gene as a Reporter of Gene Expression'. ed S.Gallagher. Academic Press, New York.
- Jefferson RA, Wilson KJ (1991) The GUS gene fusion system. Plant Molecular Biology Manual B14: 1-33.
- Schmitz UK, Lonsdale DM, Jefferson RA (1990) Application of the beta-glucuronidase gene fusion system to Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Current genetics Mar;17(3):261-4. Download this paper (info)
- Jefferson R A (1989) The GUS Reporter Gene System. Nature 342: 837-838. Download this paper (info)
- Jefferson R A (1987) Assaying Chimeric Genes in Plants: The GUS Gene Fusion System. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter 5: 387-405. Download this paper (info)
- Jefferson R A, Kavanagh T A, Bevan M W (1987) GUS fusions: ß -Glucuronidase as a Sensitive and Versatile Gene Fusion Marker in Higher Plants. EMBO J. 6: 3901-3907. Download this paper (info)
- Skip to main menu
- Or continue reading for footer links and information.