Cambia means change.Cambia is an independent non-profit institute creating new technologies, tools and paradigms to promote change and enable innovation.
Current activities of Cambia
Disease, hunger, poverty, climate change... Most people see these as big worldwide problems.
We see them as symptoms.
It's time to change the way we look at the world. The people who experience these problems are the solution.
Highlights from the media centre
- Introducing "The Lens"February 25, 2013
- Cambia again ranked as one of the world's top NGOsJanuary 23, 2013
- The hologenome: A new view of evolutionJanuary 12, 2013
- Cambia is named to the list of World's Top 100 NGOs 2012 by The Global JournalJanuary 12, 2012
- Q&A with Richard Jefferson - Stanford Social Innovation ReviewFebruary 14, 2011
Cambia@ - upcoming and recent events
- Skoll World Forum 2013
- 9 - 12 April 2013, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Richard is invited to speak during the morning plenary session at New Theatre , This special plenary session will host a series of visionary ‘Ted Style’ presentations delivered to the 1200+ delegates in attendance as well as to audiences globally who will tune into the live stream and syndicated platforms on-line. The theme for this 10th Anniversary of the Forum is Disruption - exploring ways in which social innovators are able to shift the status quo as they drive solutions for the people, communities and environments they serve. Disruption is the necessary igniter, the creative force required to break with systems, behaviors and policies that inhibit human potential, and threaten our natural world. Disruption carves a new path, one that calls for business, government and civil society leaders to move beyond incrementalism, and to dare, dream and design a new way forward.
- 20th Biennial Meeting of The New Zealand Branch of the International Association for Plant Biotechnology
- 25 - 28 February 2013, Waiheke Island, New Zealand
- The conference is organized by the International Association for Plant Biotechnology (IAPB) - New Zealand Chapter and supported by Plant & Food Research. The Organizing committee is developing a programme covering diverse research areas of plant biotechnology. A number of leading scientists will be invited to update the progress and directions in different research areas at the conference. Richard will be giving a keynote speech at this event, and Osmat is also invited to run a workshop as the speaker.
- Science and Technology Society Forum - Annual Meeting 2012
- 7-9 October 2012, Kyoto, Japan
- The Science and Technology in Society (STS) Forum holds an annual meeting starting on the first Sunday of October every year, in Kyoto, Japan. The forum gathers top leaders from different constituencies: policymakers, business executives, scientists and researchers, media from all over the world to create a global human network based on trust and providing a framework for open discussions regarding the further progress of science and technology for the benefit of humankind. Invited by the STS, Richard will attend the forum to share his expertise in Open Innovation in Science and Technology.
- Skip to main menu
- Or continue reading for footer links and information.