Cambia means change.Cambia is an independent non-profit institute creating new technologies, tools and paradigms to promote change and enable innovation.
Papers and Publications - Pre-2000
- Wilson K J, Parra A, Botero L (1999) Application of the GUS marker gene technique to high-throughput screening of rhizobial competition. Canadian Journal of Microbiology 45(8): 678-685. Download this paper (info)
- Kilian A, Heller K, Kleinhofs A (1998) Developmental patterns of telomerase activity in barley and maize. Plant Molecular Biology 37(4): 621-8. Download this paper (info)
- Sessitsch A, Hardarson G, de Vos W, Wilson K J (1998) Use of marker genes in competition studies of Rhizobium. Plant and Soil 204: 35-45. Download this paper (info)
- Kilian A, Bowtell D, Abud H E, Hime G R, Venter D J, Keese P K, Duncan E L, Reddel R R, Jefferson R A (1997) Isolation of a candidate human telomerase catalytic subunit gene which reveals complex splicing patterns in different cell types, Human Molecular Genetics 6(12): 2011-2019. Download this paper (info)
- Heller K, Kilian A, Piatyszek M A, Kleinhofs A (1996) Telomerase activity in plant extracts. Mol. Gen. Genet. 252:342-345. Download this paper (info)
- Jefferson R A, Bicknell R (1996) The potential impacts of apomixis: A molecular genetics approach. In: The Impact of Plant Molecular Genetics. B.W.S. Sobral (ed)., pp. 87-101, Birkhäuser, Boston. Download this paper (info)
- Sessitch A, Wilson K J, Akkermans A D L, de Vos W M (1996) Simultaneous detection of different Rhizobium strains marked with either the Escherichia coli gusA gene or the Pyrococcus furiosus celB gene. App. Env. Microbiol 62: 4191-4194. Download this paper (info)
- Wilson K J (1995) Molecular Techniques for the study of Rhizobial Ecology in the Field. Soil Biol. Biochem. 27: 501-514.
- Wilson K J (1995) Diversity of Rhizobia nodulating Phaseolus vulgaris L. in two Kenyan soils with contrasting pHs. App. Env. Mircrobiol 61: 4016-4021.
- Wilson KJ (1995) The GUS marker system for studying rhizobial competition: detection of inoculant strains by color coding. BNF Bulletin, XIII 1: 4-5.
- Wilson K J, Peoples M B, Jefferson R A (1995) New techniques for studying competition by Rhizobia and for assessing nitrogen fixation in the field. Plant and Soil 174: 241-253.
- Wilson K J, Sessitsch A, Corbo J C, Giller K E, Akkermans A D L, Jefferson R A (1995) β-Glucuronidase (GUS) transposons for ecological and genetic studies of rhizobia and other Gram-negative bacteria. Microbiology 141: 1691-1705.
- Jefferson R A (1994) Apomixis: A social revolution for agriculture?, Biotechnology and Development Monitor 19:14-16. Download this paper (info)
- Giller K, Anyango B, Beynon J, Wilson K J (1994) The origin and diversity of rhizobia nodulating Phaseolus vulgaris L in African soils. Advances in Legume Systematics 5: The Nitrogen Factor, 57-62. Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.
- Jefferson R A (1993) Agricultural Biotechnology, by whom and for whom? Biotechnology and Development Monitor 14: 24.
- Jefferson R A (1993) Beyond Model Systems: New Strategies, Methods, and Mechanisms for Agricultural Research. Biotechnology R & D Trends, Volume 700 of the Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, December 21, 1993. pp 53-73. Download this paper (info)
- Jefferson R A (1992) The GUS Fusion System: Summary and Future Perspectives in "GUS Protocols: Using the GUS Gene as a Reporter of Gene Expression". ed. S. Gallagher. Academic Press, New York.
- Wilson K J, Hughes S G and Jefferson R A (1992) The Escherichia Coli GUS Operon: Induction and Expression of the GUS Operon in E. Coli and the Occurrence and use of the GUS Operon in Other Bacteria. in 'GUS Protocols: Using the GUS Gene as a Reporter of Gene Expression'. ed S.Gallagher. Academic Press, New York.
- Jefferson RA, Wilson KJ (1991) The GUS gene fusion system. Plant Molecular Biology Manual B14: 1-33.
- Schmitz UK, Lonsdale DM, Jefferson RA (1990) Application of the beta-glucuronidase gene fusion system to Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Current genetics Mar;17(3):261-4. Download this paper (info)
- Jefferson R A (1989) The GUS Reporter Gene System. Nature 342: 837-838. Download this paper (info)
- Jefferson R A (1987) Assaying Chimeric Genes in Plants: The GUS Gene Fusion System. Plant Molecular Biology Reporter 5: 387-405. Download this paper (info)
- Jefferson R A, Kavanagh T A, Bevan M W (1987) GUS fusions: ß -Glucuronidase as a Sensitive and Versatile Gene Fusion Marker in Higher Plants. EMBO J. 6: 3901-3907. Download this paper (info)
- Skip to main menu
- Or continue reading for footer links and information.